Education of Migrants at the Kolleg* deutsch français
Since April 2016 our Kolleg has been offering the educational training for the general qualification for university entrance (A-levels) or rather for secondary school level I certificate (O-levels) for migrants with sufficient knowledge of German. If your knowledge of German is still not good enough, our preparatory classes will enable you to take part in regular German lessons of all subjects soon.
At the Erzgebirgskolleg we can give you some advice about which classes to join. Just drop in.
- According to your knowledge of German and your school leaving certificate/graduation in your native country, we can offer you either
3 years or 4 years to attain the A-levels (university entrance diploma). You will be awarded with the General Certificate of Secondary
Education/O-levels (Realschulabschluss), if you finish the Introduction Phase (Einführungsphase) successfully.
- You should be 18 years at least, have a certificate comparable to German Haupt– or Realschulabschluss ( Certificate of completion of
compulsory basic secondary schooling CSE, after 9 years of education or General Certificate of Secondary Education GCSE,
after the 10th form) and
basic knowledge of language /German (Level B1).
- If your knowledge of German is still not good enough, you may start in our Preparatory Classes.
- School education here is free of charge and is supported by the state by BAföG (a student grant – Federal Law on training and
Education Promotion) or similar subsidies
This financial support depends on your individual status.
Counseling about the education at the Kolleg takes place:
Tuesday: 14.15 - 15.30 (2.15 – 3.30 pm)
Thursday: 14.15 - 15.30 (2.15 – 3.30 pm)
Friday: 12.15 - 13.30 (12.15 – 1.30 pm)
Please call us before your visit.
How can I as a migrant apply for being educated at the Kolleg?
If you have decided for starting educational training at the Kolleg, you can fill in our application papers (application in English) or download them (for only downloading: right mouse click + save as) and print them.
For filling in the documents, you should open Acrobat Reader and not just open the reading view of your browser.
What do I have to send in?
After you have filled in your application documents completely and printed them, send in all of them (completely), that is to say:
* certified copy of certificate of birth,
* certified copy of residence permit and identity card,
* certified copies of school reports (of your highest attained school leaving certificate and of your vocational training /profession)
* Curriculum Vitae (CV) in the form of a table and
* two photographs (passport photos)
Please send them per mail (letter) to the following address:
Telephone: 037756 / 12 89 (Secretary Mrs März)
Or you may also come here and hand in your documents personally.
Should you have any further questions about your education or the conditions at our school, do not hesitate but contact us – either per online-application form further down, you may also phone, write an email or a letter (per normal mail) or you just come here after notifying in advance.
Our secretary Mrs März and our headteacher Mrs Dr Wellner will be pleased to help you.
Additionally you may download Acrobat Reader here.
Please apply at the Erzgebirgskolleg!
The application for the Kolleg is only possible per mail (letter) or directly here at the Kolleg.
(if you come here with your documents)
Check the documents mentioned above if they are duly completed before sending
or handing them in!
For quick contacting if you have any questions use the following form:
* A Kolleg is a school of second chance education/a grammar school for adults.